|Project Quatre Bras (image curtsey and copyright Leven Miniatures)|
Project Waterloo will be four times larger
I knew I was doing OK with the French, but was not really paying that much attention to them so when I loaded up the spreadsheet to update with the progress I was mighty happy to see exactly where I stood. So much so that after adding the almost finished to the list I just wanted to share.
|Lancers||4||2||On The Table|
|Curris||6||1||two on the table|
So as you can see they are close to being finished. I have cleaned up and primed the last of the French Cavalry and will get them painted up once I have finished the basing of the six battalions of French infantry. This will complete all the cavalry I need for Waterloo, though I still have plenty of cavalry figures in stock and will continue in the future.
The guns will also be finished at the same time as the infantry so that needs updating further. As for the infantry I will do these to follow the cavalry. I still have nine battalions of the new 1812-15 French so will paint these up after the cavalry. This will mean I will literally have just two battalions of line to do and since I have around 12 more Baccus pre 1812 battalions I can get these finished without buying any more for the time being. In fact I have about 40 battalions of French infantry that will now go onto the back burner until I have the Prussians finished. Also about 20 regiments of cavalry and a few more guns so expect the odd one done every now and then. Especially when I get the urge to do more Peninsular French and allies.
The Prussians though have rather more cavalry and guns to paint up but seven cavalry regiments, eighteen infantry battalions and ten guns and a few limbers to do. If I can get the French done quickly and I think I can then I should have the two orbats for my commitment to the project all wrapped up for Christmas which would be great. That may still leave me a few command bases yet to do but if so I am not worried as these will be quick enough and a fun diversion.
I will still have a lot of buildings to paint up but given the new batch I have received I should be also looking at the end of the year as a reasonable target. The boards are being worked on by Lea though not at the moment as he is away with work most of the time but he will get back to them once back on normal footing.
I have to say I am really happy where we are at. Lee has his half of the figures well in hand and I know he is just filling in the gaps in his orbat.