Lets see how well you do today, it's fine to use Google etc. or books just let me know in your answers which you used if used. Answers posted some time over the weekend.
1.What did Alexandria The Great do in 333 BC to prove to his troops he would concur the known world?
2. The English victory over the Scots at Halidon Hill (1333) saw the advent of which tactical innovation?
3. The death of which general was celebrated by Jacobites when toasting The little gentleman in black velvet?
4. What did the Soviets dub the Circle of Death?
5. Which Year did the Korean War start?
1. He tried to untie the Gordian Knot, after trying for days he hacked it apart with his sword.
2. The use of dismounted knights with bowmen
3. William III - William of Orange who supplanted James II on the throne of England. William died after being thrown when his horse stumbled over a mole hill.
4. The use of squadrons of fighter-bombers (usually Ilyushin II-2 Sturmovicks) to fix and attack German armoured columns in continuous waves.
5. 1950, June 25th to be exact and ended 27th July 1953.