Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Monday 27 June 2016

China Trees

Some may remember me buying a bunch of trees from China a year or so ago. I picked out the ones that would work with 6mm and put the rest to onside where they have sat ever since. A couple of weeks ago I pulled them back out of a box and have started to base them up for use in 15mm games.

The smaller tree's used for 6mm look better than their larger brothers as the plastic growth looks a bit too plastic but for the price they work good enough for me.

A true 15mm scale cavalry unit to show the scale. I have around another twelve I have yet to base which will give us a nice low price option on trees to go with the others that are available so if we need a good sized wood it's covered.

That still leaves me with over 100 6mm Leven Miniatures trees to base up. These are much better quality as the trunks and branches are wire allowing me to change their shapes and the greenery is far more realistic.

 I suspect I am not the only one that manages to forget such tasks and need to set time aside to do them. It's not that I don't enjoy doing as I do but still they keep being passed over.

6 comments:

  1. Look really good to me!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. As tree's go they look very good compare to even some expensive ones I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some of the Woodland Scenic's tree armatures and really need to get those sorted as well. Lots of trees

      Ian

      Delete
  3. They look quite splendid. A friend recommended the Chinese 6mm trees to me, now I think I should act on that, as these photos are most encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be cautious when buying direct as not all are as good as they seem. It can be worth buying a small number to check them out first

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.