Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 22 April 2018

Three Prussian Landwehr Battalions

I continue to expand the Prussians for the 100 Days Campaign with the three battalions of the 3rd Westphalie from the I Corp, 3rd Brigade. You Napoleonic experts will note that these did not get to fight at the Battle of Waterloo itself but did take part in the campaign. 

These for the most part are Adler figures but as Adler do not do a skirmish figure for the Landwehr I have used Baccus for these. I have painted up the three battalions in column as Adler just don't base well and the spacing is all wrong to have them in a two deep line though I sometimes do the Prussians in a three deep line.

As often mentioned here Adler do excellent little figures, the animation and detail make them a joy to paint but a devil to clean up. When I am finished my Prussian army will be about 80% Adler, whilst my French are about 90% Baccus. Maybe one day I will get all of both armies out and take a group shot.

I think of the Adler infantry for the Prussians the Landwehr are the nicer figures. With the mix of blanket roll and bread bag these are more interesting. Of course painting a few thousand of the buggers does take the shine off them.

I don't see me finishing them all off in the next twelve months, nor even probably in the next twenty four but you never know. I don't have much left to do with regards the Cavalry or Artillery it's mostly infantry and possibly a few command stands but with other projects also demanding time I will have to make a conscious effort to keep these ticking over.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, sorry I did not spend more time with you, kids called

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, a few more to go....

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Wonderful job, can't believe they're 6mm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent brushwork on these wee men and I also like your basing design. Always a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Lee, basing is what often makes all the difference

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Fantastic and inspirational Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.