Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Thursday 12 November 2015

Building of the Week - Leven Manor House

I painted up the display version for Leven ages ago and immediately ordered one for my own collection but alas took forever to get round to painting it. No matter I really enjoyed painting this model even though it was a real quick paint. Unfortunately at the moment the building is not available as it was rather tricky to cast from the original mould so will be re-released once a fresh mould has been made.

It's easy to see why I like it so much as it's got loads of character, it's just a pity that the light is too poor to take shots of it outside.

I really like all the different angles that the roof and garrets give it, I know I will be able to fit this in with various Napoleonic battlefields. Not so much for our ECW ones but possibly for other periods we have yet to get into.

The building for all it's shapes is still a fairly blockish building but that adds to it's charm and actually acts as a nice foil to the other manor house that Leven released about a year ago.

I popped the house on a temporary base to show it with a unit of Infantry to give an idea of scale, works rather well for me. I don't intend to base the building at the moment but may do later if inspiration or need occurs.

10 comments:

  1. That's a decent pile, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, would be a nice abode I think

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Thats a really neat model - love the shape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the shape is the issue for the mould, hope Mile gets it sorted so it can be released again

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I'll have to get me one of these...mind you, I say that about all the Leven buildings. They are just too good not to buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will struggle for the time being as out of stock but let Mike know and he may be able to let you know when back in stock.

      I also look at some and want to paint them even though I can't use them at the moment

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.