Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 20 August 2023

2021 Bounding Fire Tournament Prize

 Another commission for the ASL tournament held in November at Blackpool. This is the year I delivered the prize and played through the weekend, though not in the tournament.

A return to using water effects as the action is a river crossing and I made use of a DUWK model as the scenario includes them so why not. 



Rather than building the base up I shaved off part of the plinth so I could then add the water effects but keep a flatter base. Just like the Japanese bridge crossing from two years before I had to use two different water effects, one for the river and another for the explosion and the running/dripping water.


I was really pleased with the water drips, really gave movement to the finished model. The kit itself was a mix of resin body and metal parts for the more detailed bits. 


I was also happy with the home made sanctions for the barbed wire but I used razor wire for the barbed wire due to finding no 28mm substitute. Not really happy with the historical fudge though it does work well as razor fire as my fingers illustrated at the time.



I often include dead on my dioramas, the idea being to remind those looking at these models that war kills and is not a good thing. I pull back on gore, and heroics. A difficult balance as the finished model is supposed to be something to enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.