Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Friday 4 August 2023

The Ranger, A Fantasy Bust £35 plus post at cost.

 Not all the subjects I paint are strictly military. This guy fits into the non-military. Like most of my age group who grew up to have an interest in history I also read fantasy and at the time nothing seemed to touch Lord of the Rings and this bust has the feel of  the story. Can you guess the character?

Even with that in mind I did not want to paint up Strider, instead just another of the many nameless rangers that protected the people of Middle Earth from orcs and worse!



The bust was a two part kit so easily one of the easiest busts to build. I mostly wanted to build my skill at leather work and this was a great bust for that. Some of the worn leather detail was worked into the straps though most is achieved through painting.


With the majority of the bust being leather I had to make the hooded cloak and scarf stand out. I mixed the sensible green of the cloak to fade into the wilds with a strong blue to give a bit of punch. Both colours are rich so as to give the bust some life and pull the eye. The plinth by contrast had to be plain and yet not sink fully out of view. A plain airbrushed resin plinth allows the figure to stand out whilst the plinth neither detracts nor is missing.


Due to the sturdy construction I am happy to post anywhere in the world confident in it's safe arrival. Post as always at cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.