Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Saturday 27 December 2014

Three Weeks into the Analogue Painting Challenge

Three weeks into the Challenge and I have managed a very credible 298 points credited. I still have the Bonus Round points to be added which means over 30% of my target has been reached.

I have figures for the second bonus round all done and finished painting my Tuesday submission which will give me the most points so far in the Challenge for a single entry, just need to finish basing them on Sunday.

I have clocked up over 950 songs listened too so far in the Challenge, will I get to the end of the 5000 odd tracks before the Challenge ends? So far I have finished the one project and started two new ones, that's a real goal of the Challenge that Curt likes to see. 

So coming to the Challenge soon will be the Secret Santa present I received this year, these three will add some punch to my Chain of Command Russian's. I need to get myself some other support elements such as more MG's mortars and AT asserts.

I have made great progress this month reducing the mountain but I am planning on buying three boxes of Celts for action at Kev's Cabin. This will bump up the 1/72 section of the mountain and add yet another new project to my lists. Just a few months ago I was thinking I would be struggling for stuff to do in the next year or so given the limited interest I had in other area's, who was I trying to kid?

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes I know but self delusion is a wonderful thing

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Great progress in the Challenge!

    You know, there is ALWAYS another interesting period just over the horizon. You may not know it is heading your way but you can be sure that it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still had plenty to be getting on with but you know how it is.

      Ian

      Delete
  3. You ought to have known better - there are always new periods (and old periods in different scales) to tempt you. Besides. we all know what happens when you paint the last figure in your lead mountain - we can't let that happen now, can we? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am a long way away from finishing off the mountain, but at last seem to be chipping away at it faster than it's growing

      Ian

      Delete
  4. As others have also said "struggling for stuff to do", Never!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a thought, apparently not a good one though ;-)

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Great progress mate... Maybe I should be recording my music stats too. That's a whole extra spreadsheet I could be running! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost always paint to music, really enjoy the two together.

      I am glad to say that I have no spreadsheets active at the moment beyond the mountain plus minus one

      Ian

      Delete
  6. You were kidding no one. Glad you're having fun.

    Here's to lots of fun painting in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 2015 will be the year I have the most fun as I am free to paint what I want rather than work to a schedule

      Ian

      Delete
  7. Hi Ian:
    That's a nice present. I am just finishing a box of those PSC T34s in 15mm. Nice kit. Hopefully I'll be showing it off in the Challenge on Thursday.
    Wishing you all the best in the new year.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.