Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Friday 30 January 2015

Buying Books Again

I am mostly on a book ban, self imposed as it is it's still been months since I last bought a book. The main issue is that I simply have well over one hundred books I have yet to read, some of these date back over twenty years!

Whilst I have of late got through quite a few books, some history and quite a few of the Cornwall novels (mostly Sharpe) so I have let myself off the hook a little. 

Every time one of the Evita songs pops up on my I-Pod I get the urge to get a book on Eva as the story behind the musical really intrigues me. I finally pulled the trigger via Amazon and less than £5 later I have what some feel to be the best book on the subject. I really thought it would be a bit thicker than the 198 pages, especially as the type face is so large. As such it will be a fast read when I get to it.

The other book was more impulse as I was down at the local shopping outlet taking Cath out for a short trip to test her ability to get around after her accident seven days ago. Saw the Glantz book and knowing he is highly thought of and it's about my favourite theatre of WWII it seemed too good a book to pass up. Available from The Works in the UK

At the moment I am working my way through a rather thick book on the ECW which is a good read and has a revisionist approach but it is dragging quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.