Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 15 January 2020

Rollo The Viking

In my last post I touched on having recently finished a bust. This was for my Nephew for his Christmas present. I really enjoyed working on him. He is supplied by FeR Miniatures and a relatively recent release from what I can gather.

The quality of the casting and details is excellent, that face is the size of my thumb nail. Super proud of the eyes as I really thought I would make a mess of them. First time I have used a iris colour!

The figure comes in 4 parts plus either a helmet (three options between full and open faced) and helmetless but I did not like how the hair ran and besides the helmet is kickass. Tried a bit of free hand and know I need to raise that game but pleased overall with it.

Not over happy with the wolf but by this point I was rather up against time and let it ride. If I had time over again I would have tried harder. 

Yes I know the helmet was wonky, fortunately this was a test fitting the final fit was straight. Great detail on the helmet, hope you can see why I could not leave it off. The other options is nose bar and upper cheek and eye cover. Not quite full face but enough to obscure the eyes.

Again I kind of shortcut the shield going for a basic finish. Considering it's going to be facing away from you when displayed I don't feel bad about it. Still did a fair bit of picking out chips in the wood for that used in battle look.

Again the helmet was not yet positioned and I never got the chance to take a final pic as it was whisked away to be wrapped up.

4 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.