Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Friday 22 May 2020

Old Glory Prussian SYW 18th Regiment Prinz von Preuben


I have had these figures since I first started my SYW Prussian army. These (along with some grenadiers) were based up to allow us to play whilst building up a painted force. I just never got round to taking them off their bases and painting them despite their failure to get used after a few months at the start. It always seems weird buying Old Glory from Timecast and Blue Moon from er well Old Glory. I am sure their is an explanation and hopefully it will be added below in the comments section. The flag is from Cadogan Hobbies on Ebay. They do all nations but sometimes they are not listed and you need to get in touch.

The army is based on the Prussian invasion of Saxony something of a walk over given the size of the Saxon army. However it gave me something to build an army round. It fights against Lee's Russian's and Austrian's and Joseph's growing French. 

Old Glory are very nice figures, do tend to need a bit of a clean up but the mixed poses and quality of detail make them both a joy and a task to paint but once finished you can be really happy with how they look. These are one of the two last units I managed to paint before going back to work. I still have five battalions of Lancashire Games figures to paint up as well as a Dragoon regiment and a few more guns. Then the question is get more to build it up further or go after another nation? Of course I can just stick with adding to Joseph's French and not bother going further until I might actually need them?

Rather pleased with how the drummer came out with these. The three colour pompom's were fun too!! At least this was the last army I actually played with. I just need to get all my units out and check what forces I actually have!


5 comments:

  1. Nice! The Old Glory SYW infantry are very good.

    Now for the rest of the story...Old Glory sold their 15mm figures off years ago to 19th Century Miniatures (Old Glory 15s). Later, Old Glory re-entered the 15mm market with Blue Moon figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew someone would know, thanks Jonathan

      Ian

      Delete
  2. TSBIE was established in the year 2014. The primary aim of the board is to improve the education system of the state and to promote the vision of world-class education in Telangana. Telangana Intermediate Model Paper 2021 Conducting examinations is one of the most important functions of TSBIE. Board conducts the annual board examination in March every year and the supplementary examination

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.