In less than two weeks some friends will be at Donnington Park for the Derby Wargames Show and will be putting on a rather large Waterloo game. Fortunately I finished these figures a few weeks ago but did not get round to posting the results. I am just finishing off a few more rifle stands and command so will have these with Steve by this weekend, a whole week to spare.
First up the 95th Rifles, as mentioned above I have another three companies to base up as under the rules these will be used with they can break down to six skirmish bases. I think the British Napoleonic's are some of the nicer sculpts from Baccus and the Rifles are right up there.
When I took the pic's we were not having the best weather so apologies for the rather drab results. These were quite easy to paint though basing them in just two ranks was more of a challenge as they have four poses for the riflemen and two command figures.
I also had three Highland Battalions to paint up, this is the first Battalion of the 79th Infantry Regiment, Cameron Highlanders. Painting kilts in 6mm was certainly a new challenge and I certainly went for an abstract look though it turned out OK in the end.
The next Battalion was the 42nd Infantry Regiment, Royal Highland - Black Watch again 1st Battalion. All three Battalions have one skirmish base.
The bonnets were also a bit of a challenge and I skipped the chequered tops of their socks as a step too far. I actually had been fearing painting them but ended up enjoying the process.
Last but no means least is the 1st Battalion of the 92nd Infantry Regiment, the Gordon Highlanders. I would recommend to anyone put off painting up Highlander Battalions to have a go, in 6mm you can go to town or step back a few levels and in both cases still put together striking units, and lets face it they are some of the most elite troops you can field in a British army.
Something I had forgotten about the rules these were painted for was that skirmishers can be deployed from the parent battalion so one of the last jobs I needed to do was paint up a bunch of skirmish bases for all the other battalions I had already painted. Ended up being a bit of a production line with 24 bases painted up.
After checking with Matt (a constant help with this project) I painted them all up as generic British rather than specific to the battalions as that is how the rest of the group field their skirmishers.
So with this batch the project almost comes to an end. Just twelve rifle figures and nine command figures were needed to represent the whole of the reserve corp and they are on the desk with the basing texture drying ready for the last few stages before I take them over to Steve.
Just one last big 6mm commission for Lee to finish before I just concentrate on my own figures for a month or two.