I managed to get these painted up in a few sessions all within a week. Much better output than I managed with the 15mm SYW Prussians that took 3+ weeks to get done. As usual these are Baccus, a mix of advancing and stood to get the depth and look I am after.
That being said I will probably paint up a few units all in the stood pose as I think it will add to the overall effect if all units don't have pikes at the slope.
These are painted with green tunics and are a start of a third division. As per the others I have 96 figures to a block. Twelve across and eight deep. The phalanx actually fought eight deep, it will be interesting when I get them all done and put side by side. I may have enough for one full real phalanx!
With these two blocks I have now reached the half way point of my target of twenty blocks. That's over 960 figures as a few have extra commanders on the base. I have enough figures I think for another four blocks. I probably won't buy any more at Partizan, need to check my stock before deciding for sure.
I am changing my focus over to the Persians with the aim of getting another four plus Persian infantry and about six cavalry units painted up so to be able to start playtesting some ancient battles in this scale. Next up on the painting table is another two Hoplite blocks, just finishing off my first guns for my SYW Prussians so looks to have three finishes in three weeks!