Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 7 April 2013

French Reinforcements, Project Waterloo and Beyond

My French army got a nice boost with these six bases of infantry. Five of the bases are Legere and the other a standard Ligne  base. This is because overall I don't have a good balance between line and light so needed more lights to strike a better balance. 


In the background you can just make out the line regiment by it's white trousers. These are the last of the old style French infantry that will be painted up as such. The other five I have prepped are going to be painted up as the allies. Once the new Baccus infantry are in production I will buy a good reinforcement and continue to build up my force. Most likely that transaction will be conducted at Triples but I will be sure to have ordered them prior to avoid disappointment. 

I still need a lot more French infantry before I can do justice to Project Waterloo but I am getting there on the Spanish front. Only the large battles would I struggle for the French though I have just a few more allied regiments to paint up still. Cavalry is a different matter, I will still need plenty more of these.

Having set myself targets for the Prussians seems to have been a great move as it's now one week into month two and I am getting kind of edgy as I have yet to paint up any of this months allocation. Right now I have a regiment of ECW infantry on the go (in 15mm and 6mm) so I don't think I can get at them this coming week but they are primed and ready for starting.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, building into a sizeable force already and with the prospect of more to come a mouth watery prospect indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's far too early to be edgy. Hang in there, you've got a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Michael, Lots more to come, really wanting the new French from Baccus as well.

    @ Phil, Thanks

    @ Mike, I plan to change things around from next month. Do the required figures then move on to others, that way I should stay ahead. I still have yet to start this months though they are prepped.

    @ Phil, Thanks

    Now I just need to pick up the pace a bit LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.