Me Bitter? Twisted? Need you ask? Well having never been to Salute I really don't know what I am missing which possibly is a good thing. I think most of all I would have liked to meet up with fellow bloggers but maybe next year etc etc.
What I did manage to do though was spend a bit of money and commit some more. Both to a new project mentioned recently, that of my 1/72 Numedian army.
Yes I know what your thinking, Dacian? Why Dacian. Well being plastic they convert rather easier than metal and I plan to do a fair bit of cutting and gluing until these Dacian's look more like Numedian Light Infantry. I bought two boxes and these are the first edition before the re-tooling and are supposed to be superior to the new versions. Each box was just under £5 with free postage from Drum and Flag. The rest of the basic army will run to about £25 and I will use the Romans I already own as Roman Deserters so total cost for a whole army will be about £45 and will be based for Impetus. The biggest challenge once painted will be learning how to fight with it as it's got a lot of light troops! I fancy playing at Maelstrom Games to take advantage of the larger tables!
I have to admit to being rather excited now that I have started to get it together and with some of the units being very basic in dress they should paint up really quickly, but I have said that before. My only issue is how to glue the riders to their mounts, after all I have a mass of glues but none of them like medium consistency plastic. Anyone want to help me out here?
Of course there is also the new TYW/ECW 15mm/10mm project waiting in the wings, Triples will hopefully help with the final decisions on that one but I don't plan to just sit back and wait. I plan to rebase at least one foote regiment in 15mm to see what it looks like. Ideally I would like to stick to 15mm as this would mean far less work but ironically could work out costing much more which is a issue given the £££ situation right now.
Well I am close to finishing off my Japanese Sniper Reminders, the figures were finished last night after painting them on and off through the afternoon and evening. Just need varnishing and then on to basing which is a fairly large task in itself. Then it's on to the Australians. After that I plan to major on figures for me for awhile as it seems that I am missing out on painting my armies.