Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Thursday 12 June 2014

Burn and A Nice Guy

Lets start with the nice guy the good man that is Gary Amos has made me sons weekend and beyond with some very nice painted figures for his Anglo Danes. 

I have based them on 2p's ready for when I base up his whole force. It also helps him pick up the figures without having to touch the figures themselves. As you can see they are most excellent.

I am not sure which manufacturer they are possibly Griping Beast? but they sure are nice looking sculps and have been given a great paint job.

I love the brush control that Gary has managed on these boys and the metal effects are really top notch. I can't tell you how pleased my Son was when he got these. He spent a lot of the weekend coming back and back to have a look at them. We will need to get a force finished soon so I can have a game with him for sure.

These have great poses and will form the heart of his best trained troops just so they can be in at it in the end more often than not.

Another well turned shield what can I say? He now has a bunch more that Gary had already sent cleaned up and primed and both of us will spend time over this weekend working on our saga armies I have 2 points worth on my paint desk so had better get on with them.

This one is his favourite of the three and I can see why. Lee also is building up his own Anglo Danes so I can see a few sessions over at Lee's with my son in for the session, that's fine and dandy with me.

So a very big thank you to Gary as the gifts from Gary and Loki are really appreciated by both small and big kid alike and will add to our fun of wargaming together. Now just waiting to see if the daughter will come along wanting a faction of her own LOL.

As for the burn, been at a trade show at London since Monday been a great show and has been a success for us and as I got back really late last night I have been rather pooped but looking forward to getting some paint on a few figures tonight and back at the blog.

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, though Gary deserves the praise

      Ian

      Delete
  2. What a splendid gift, no wonder the lad is thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He still looks like a Cheshire Cat

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Lovely stuff Gary.. The boy is very lucky .

    Recharge the batteries Ian... And flick the brushes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After two days in the office and time at the paint desk starting to feel more human. Finishing figures always helps LOL

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Great painted figures! Love the armour how it is done!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to check with Gary it's done over a black undercoat

      Ian

      Delete
    2. I finished off what I'd begun ages ago. Keeping to generic names for colours etc., from memory It was a thinned black undercoat, drybrush with gunmetal, wash with a brown ink (say W&N Sepia, Chestnut or Peat Brown or one of the GW shades - maybe even Army Painted Soft Tone) and them a light retouch with the gunmetal. Highlight to tops of folds etc. with silver. Sounds hard work, but it takes no time at all. The brown wash is to give it a slightly rusted look and to allow it to contrast with the plate metal of the helmets.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for that Gary, the lad's done well yesterday, getting better at brush control

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Yep they're Gripping, (with the extra P) Beast figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, I can see my plastic GBP being enhanced with some of the metals

      Ian

      Delete
  6. Lovely figures - very generous chap that Mr Amos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is especially as he had given my son so many unpainted ones already

      Ian

      Delete
  7. Great gift and fantastic brushwork on those guys. Gary is a pretty decent chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is, looking forward to getting shots of these on the table when I get some of mine done as well

      Ian

      Delete
  8. Awesome gift! Stunning looking figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost want to fast forward six years to see how far my son has progressed on the games and see how such gifts have helped him gain traction in the hobby or if it passes

      Ian

      Delete
  9. One of many such gents, yourself and Dave D included. It's a great hobby of great guys

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice brush control, indeed. The last image though, looks like someone trying to sneak a fart or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Happy won't look at the figure the same again ;-)

      Ian

      Delete
  11. Great looking figures and wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is, and the boy is about to start painting up a storm right now

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.