Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Prussian Commanders - Adler 6mm

Another 6mm post, sorry but seems these will be coming on strong for a while as I shift some lead. Though I do have a few 28mm posts as well to come. These are rather splendid Adler Miniatures and lovely to paint up.

I was really short of Prussian command bases for my Naps but these will give them a shot in the arm. I will still need to do some more for the Waterloo game but at least now we can start testing the Prussian army lists. In fact as long as I don't need any Cuirassiers I should be able to use the Prussians for up to fairly large games now. I do have some Cuirassier figures, enough for about four regiments but they will only get painted up when I either need them for a game or after the Waterloo lot are all done. 

This base having three figures on it represents a Corp Command base. Just love the figure with the map, took a lot of will power not to paint a A-Z on the cover. Seems the guy in green is sure of the way to go.

On the other hand maybe it's that way, I wonder which Corp he should be in charge of? As typical with Adler these are great detailed figures and the extra effort is well worth putting in when it's the command.

A command base with one of the spare guns from Blog-Con, one wheel shown off the cannon. Really helps to add to the feel of battle I think and you will see more of these bits and bobs turning up on bases until I have used up all the spares.

The two figure command bases command the Divisions within the Corp so are more numerous and as such these are the ones I need to do more of. This one gets a busted limber but the missing wheel is no where to be seen.

I really like this base as one of the commanders is rather lacking in the hair department. Also he is quite interesting with one had cupping his mouth as he shouts and the other holding his hat. Very nice indeed.

These Prussians do love their pointing don't they? I did one commander in a red jacket having seen an image of such a uniform after doing a search, not sure how accurate it is though. I have loads more figures so can fit some more in between other projects when I wish.

I really do like Adler and yes I often then say about the delicate nature or the figures and need to clean up rather a lot but if you are willing to do this and put the extra effort in painting them up you can be rewarded with good looking figures. I have seen many a 15mm figure with less detail!

12 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Ian, I love the details in the basing like the broken gun carriage - lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's I do like it when they come off

      Ian

      Delete
  2. 6mm? Wow, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The detail on the figures is excellent

      ian

      Delete
  3. Just brilliant Ian! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have to say I really like painting these as the detail makes it easy

      Ian

      Delete
  4. They look seriously good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, not too serious though I hope

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.