Before I ran out of May I managed to get another three battalions of French Infantry painted up, that leaves me with just seven more light and ten line to finish off the French for Waterloo. I will not be painting up any more French infantry till the new Baccus French are ready which will be fairly soon. In the meantime I have nine Prussian Landwehr Battalions on the table and a couple of French cavalry regiments. That's all the Napoleonic's I have on the go, I also have two Zulu regiments in 6mm. I also have a bunch of 28mm but that's a different story.
These are the newer French standard infantry and see's me finish off two twelve Battalion packs since they were released which is not bad going given the other work I have done in 6mm. Again easy to work with and importantly paint up fast and look good.
2nd Battalion, yes I have used the Fanion's the same as I did the on the Line last time. If you look close you will see the little horn that denotes these are Light Troops.
The 3rd Battalion I based up in column, the dead in the background are Adler, I do love a well sculpted corpse. The reminds me I will have to paint up that special Battalion some time soon ;-)
4th Battalion sporting the rather nice blue flag. All three battalions painted up faster than normal, I used the Winsor and Newton brushes quite a bit, especially on the straps and shako cords. Not sure the quality is that much better than the Rosemary & Co, but the shorter bristle makes for a steadier line and so I am happy with using these for some of the work.
Finished them off in the usual way with the Tajima1 tufts and Woodland Scenic's bush clumps. It seems kind of surreal that the French are moving quickly towards completion for Waterloo and I know I won't have any issues getting it all done on time. In fact it's a great feeling though I might feel a little flat when I get there, can't wait to find out though.