Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 15 June 2014

Fathers Day Gifts and Joy of Six/Baccus Open Day

It's that day of the year again where countless pairs of socks booze and slippers are handed over by smiling sons and daughters. Well not in our house it's not. Two of the six Sharpe books I don't own was a nice addition as I am in the process of reading through the whole series so good timing. As I don't eat chocolate it was great to get the Caramac. There was two packs of three but me and the kids saw the end of the first pack, just to check the quality you understand.

Last up was the Tree Armatures, enough to make 57 deciduous trees that I want to get done for the game in exactly 5 weeks time! Ian is going to be a busy boy all right.

Yes only five weeks to go until we will be putting on the display game that is just a taster of the Waterloo game we hope to have ready in less than a year. I booked Lee and myself in on the Baccus Open Day and the Curry for that evening. Should be a real fun day though I can't get the image of Lee bent over the table in the restaurant with a load of flags whilst I have a similar pose with bits of trees spread around my curry.

Anyone interested in attending the Baccus Open Day click here, it's very informative and lots of fun. Seeing Peter supply a coffee and a chocolate biscuit out of his own pocket is worth going alone LOL.

11 comments:

  1. Nice presents! Can't be a bad day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad at all, made up a tree, watched a film with the kids and played ASL in the evening. Not sure what I did to deserve the good fortune

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Aw you'll be fine for the demo game. Plenty of time.

    Nice, useful presents. It's now nearly one o'clock one and I've had nowt yet for Fathers' Day. However, I live in hope of the mandatory T-shirt and Toblerone . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love to get a Toblerone, those days are past. Hope you got your presents even if later on

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Nice gifts from the kids Ian. For the trees, get them involved and set up a production line (reserve some of the Caramac for their payment/bribe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The devils have been forward paid, though the idea of them working on the trees leaves me in a cold sweat.

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Ian, have a great day. Looks like you've got some great reading ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tim, enjoying reading these books mixed in with Naps history, History of China in the last 150 years and The Walking Dead novels, hope I don't confuse it all

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Father's Day, Ian.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.