Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Italian and British Cavalry Baccus 6mm

I continue to flesh out my Italian Napoleonic's and also add to my sons slowly growing British Peninsular collection.

Not the best shots as the weathers not allowed any outdoors shooting when I have been home. Tow regiments of Heavy Dragoons in Bicorn. As other recent finishes I have added the dice cells.

These are really nice sculpts with plenty of detail. I think they are as good as the new French cavalry figures. Baccus are for the most part my go to for 6mm the mix of detail and functionality is hard to beat.

The Italian Guard Dragoons actually could pass for standard French Dragoons at a push, I have plenty so that is not that likely. 

These are old Baccus French figures so the horses are a little on the small size. When the new ranges came out I still had (have) a fairly large number of the old castings so I decided I would paint them up as some of the allied nations that dressed in the French pattern. 

I actually have one more guard cavalry regiment to paint up for the 1812 Russia campaign but I can do that with some other cavalry at a later date. At the moment I am working on the guard infantry to go along with these.

12 comments:

  1. Some very nice work there - I particularly like the basing, which is always so important when working with 6mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think basing can be more important than the figure painting sometimes

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Cracking work, sir. I am just finishing some 6mm Baccus cavalry myself and your work is a welcome dose of inspiration and good example. I admire your patience in adding details such as blazes on the horses. Lovely. Like CK, I totally admire the basing as well. The little place holders for the micro-dice - who makes bases like that? Very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I think blaze and socks really help with the cavalry. I also paint up about 4 or five different colours of horses per unit and split them over the unit, helps make them less uniform.

      The dice cells are by Warbases. I am sure other suppliers must also do them in other countries

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Thanks, just got to get them on the table at some point

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.