Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Pre-Challenge Painting - The Cleric

I also did this quick paint before the challenge started, this is the second character for my wife in the family D&D sessions. As it's number two I did not go to town on him and as such it's a bit basic but will serve.

I think the figures from Reaper, this ones a metal figure and rather is a bit on the heavy side. You can't see the high and low shades on the white very well as the camera did not pick the detail up. It's quite subtle anyway as I don't like the in your face style of shading on white.

I like the shoulder armour, it's a couple of faces so I used brass and then washed in ink to bring the details out a bit.

Lots of detail on the back and I have to say that I really like the adventurers that come with backpacks or other bits and bobs, makes them look more realistic. The crossbow comes as a seporate piece to be glued in place, made life a bit easier.

14 comments:

  1. Excellent work, sir! I like the shoulder pads especially and I have to agree about the backpacks and such. I think on Reaper's site any character described as "Adventuring [X]" has such gear. I know this fellow was released as "Adventuring Cleric."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous miniature Ian and definitely has that adventurer vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will he live long enough to level up though?

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Excellent job, great details on the back, agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, love the figure and backpack looks great I like the tankard haning from the pack too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent stuff - a very nice simple paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Conrad, nice to get some figures sorted

      Ian

      Delete
  6. Really nice figure and I like the giant Stick 'O Whuppin'.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stick does look ready to whup :-)

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.