Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 23 March 2014

Last Stand Final Bonus Round

I had great plans for the final bonus round but with the end of the challenge coinciding with my taking a new job (whilst still doing the old one) and being ill and my birthday and.... Well you get the picture.

So in the end I went totally the other way and have painted up just one figure, this being a rather special figure to me as I know the sculptor. None other than our own blogger Panzer Kaput and what a fine figure it is.


The figure was given away as a door prize at a Partizan a couple of years ago but at that time I had no use for it but I recognised a good looking figure. The figure is of a Kelham Hall Monk for the Very British Civil War but I later thought I could use it for a Createn Monk who joined in the fight against the invading German Paratroopers and I hope the helmet will pass as a Greek soldiers taken up by the Monk.

The robe is great and allowed a lot of playing with shading but he also has loads of kit to make him more interesting. I really like the mix of equipment as it really adds to the idea that he has just thrown himself into the action.

So in the end the figure went from Lead Pile Blues to inspired choice and changed my unhappiness of the final round to feeling really good about what I could submit.

11 comments:

  1. What an inspire miniature and a great choice to wrap up your challenge with. Best of luck with the new job Ian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I may need a portable painting kit ;-)

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Nice figure Ian - great sculpt from PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really nice figure and a nice paint job.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sculp really made painting it easy

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Looks fantastic Ian! Well done PK too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's, I really think PK did an excellent job that only really became clear as I laid on the paint

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.