Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Friday 6 February 2015

Building of the Week - La Haye Sainte

Sometimes a task just grows bigger than it is. For almost as long as this building has been available I have had it in the box awaiting it's turn at bat but for some reason it's become a bit of a millstone around the neck. Having already painted it once for Leven Miniatures I know well enough how easy it actually is to paint up but somehow forgot it was fun too. Finally it got it's chance and as usual I soon was lost in the work and before I knew it I had finished.

This time I distressed the walls a little more, making the contrast between the brick and walls less stark. I also added traces of red to show bricks showing through the plaster a little more (see top image for a good example).

Again I have based this on a 120 by 120mm Warbase, then the usual basing style. The set costs £12.00 and needs casting to order. In real terms it means on a typical week it's not dispatched till the day after ordering!!! Sometimes a little later but not the usual wait and see you get from some suppliers. Obviously around the time of shows you could have a longer wait or even dare I say when on holiday? Thought not  ;-)

Lee has a few sets of this building and he is coming up with all sorts of different variants simply adding the odd building or swapping out. Also in the future one of the lesser farm complexes will be available adding yet more choice to the Waterloo and beyond gamer.

I have just about all the buildings we need for Project Waterloo and Lee is starting to get the urge to finish off the boards. Hopefully this will translate to getting the game set up and played out well before Joy of Six. We still need to make a final call on Plancenoit, mostly how much of the town to make the table and how many buildings to represent it. That will more or less dictate the amount of time I myself need to put aside for my last efforts (beyond being Lee's lackey for the painting and sanding of the boards). The other rather boring duty to do post all this is the practice of doing the set up of the table for Joy of Six. We have approximately three hours to set up if we are there as early as possible, no one is telling us how much time we have to pack it away LOL


14 comments:

  1. An excellent job Ian, what a great looking piece of terrain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, really looking forward to getting all the buildings onto our boards and seeing the battlefield all laid out

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Really nice looking building, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, it was better for having done the original one as I could add a bit more detail I had missed before

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Roger, only about six more complexes to do :-)

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin, pity they don't count in the challenge LOL

      Ian

      Delete
  5. So when do we get a game! Lovely job on this Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Lee is moving on the boards, Leven still have a few of the buildings to finish but I would say probably May, also it gets set up at Joy of Six but not played as such there

      Ian

      Delete
  6. Remrkable. If you hadn't mentioned Leven, I would have been convinced that it was a 15mm scale building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I often say it's the detail Mike puts in the buildings and his understanding of texture really make these easier to paint.

      Ian

      Delete
  7. Cheers Peter, been fun doing it, I have a few more to do ready for the game and plenty for future games so plenty of practice

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.