Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Monday 9 February 2015

Curtgold Music to his Ears?

Well the road to hell is paved with good intentions as they say. Seems it's also paved with Dylan figures as well :-)

The fee for the Analogue Painting Challenge is one 28mm figure with the theme of Anti-Hero this year. I had a few ideas but kept thinking of the Black Scorpion Bob Dylan 1966 figure. That was the year that Dylan went on tour playing the electric guitar for the first time and created quite a storm in the folk scene, especially with his traditional fans. Given that so many loved the move as well as hated I thought he would make an ideal Anti-Hero.

My only mistake was not researching my subject as it turned out the only suit he seemed to wear all tour was a near impossible to paint slanted check black grey number. It gave me kittens painting it up as it's quite something to try and paint to the curves and I had three repaints before I was even close to happy. Looks real crappy close up but stand back a few yards (well miles LOL) and the effect looks OK.

Why hell? I forgot that Curt hates all things Dylan having received a certain cowboy in last years event. Honest it was a genuine mistake. Funny thing is that this is the second year on the trot I have supplied a Black Scorpion figure as payment. If the theme next year is Goblin Pirates I can make it three years on the bounce :-)

16 comments:

  1. Looks excellent, sod painting that suit though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it did drive me to distraction

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Wow, I think I would have gone blind doing those checkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do a few and wear glasses ;-)

      Ian

      Delete
  3. This gave me a laugh this Curtgeld. It looks great but Curt has a similar opinion of Dylan's nasal sound as I do. But you can't argue against his place in music though. cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun with the deserter, I was tempted to send that in as a stand alone post but thought poor Curt could have snapped under the pressure of so many entries in the challenge :-)

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Well it's certainly something I would not have painted without the chalenge

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Nice one! One just can't do better than Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not 100% sure I agree LOL, but then I am a Alice Cooper fan

      Ian

      Delete
  6. You did a great job on the checks. I actually found it quite funny that you sent Curt a Dylan figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curt and me exchanged a few emails regarding this as he thought it was supposed to be a wind up. Unfortunately I had forgotten last years submission until he reminded me

      Ian

      Delete
  7. Geez mate that suit most of done your eyes in painting it but the result is stunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having to take breaks when they started to swim around, won't rush to do it again though

      Ian

      Delete
  8. You did a wonderful job on this figure even though I can't stand the git. He'll be a perfect bookend to Alan's piece last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you find the time to read blogs, never mind make comments with all the Challenge work? :-)

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.