Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Latest Baccus French Napoleonic Cavalry

I have been painting up all the new releases from Baccus of the redone Napoleonic French, though the last few releases I have been a bit slow getting them done but I am finally up to date with these three.

NFR13-Carabiniers, these I think will finish off the codes for French regular cavalry, like the Cuirassiers these are mounted on larger horses than any of the other regular horse (size gets smaller down the regiment types to such as the Hussars. 


Again these are really nice figures and has plenty of detail to paint in or pass over without it shouting Missed a Bit at you. Unfortunately I don't have any of these on my painting list for Project Waterloo as these fall under Lee's remit and he has got them done already so these won't make the big show same as the rest in this post as Lee also did the Guard.

NFR36 French Guard Lancers were released at the same time and no I have not painted them up as the Red Lancers instead going with the first Squadron dressed in a much darker blue. 

The lance is also in the charge position which I really like though I would have preferred more movement in the pennant but that's a quibble not an issue.

These painted up nice and easy and I look forward to getting them on the table sometime, though that will mean painting up a lot more of the Guard as I just have bits and bobs but this can be done once we have some direction as to what we want to do post Waterloo.

NFR19 Grenadiers a Cheval are another Guard Regiment with them wearing the nice bearskin which adds to their size a bit. Again nice looking figures and a good amount of detail. 

Not a total fan of the cast flag but I can live with it. All three bases painted up over about three sessions so fairly quick for the level of detail attained. Mostly down to the quality of the castings and low level of clean up. Typical of Baccus you end up with a good looking unit with out any hassle, that's a great boon when you have a whole string of units to paint.



17 comments:

  1. I especially like your brushwork on the lancers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the figures made the job easier

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I have now moved onto British Infantry as I have 34 Battalions to paint up!

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Lovely work Ian. I really like the detail you get on these 6mm figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mark, it's in the figures making it a bit easier

      Ian

      Delete
  4. oh very nice indeed! Alan and I are just discovering the joy of Baccus 6mm figs with our new ECW project so I can really appreciate the detail you've captured here. If you'd like to see our ECW figure we have started a new blog for the project here:

    http://declaresir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've taken a look (and become a follower) and they are very nice. Having painted some of them myself I know you have worked them to their very best

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Great looking cavalry, love the carabiniers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, and they are my favourite as well

      Ian

      Delete
  6. Fantastic work Ian! Really love the cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, just will have to wait some time to get to use them

      Ian

      Delete
  7. Nice work Ian, i agree about the cast on flags being a bit of a pain. I have some of these to paint up over the next few monthss so will use yours a guide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, fortunately the flags are quite small so they are not too in your face

      Ian

      Delete
  8. Cheers Roger

    More Naps to follow

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue. Well done.

    How many more days off vacation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just two more, feeling a lot fresher than at the start :-)

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.