Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Oh Shiny, oh Shit!

Not only did I get home to be greeted by three packages but I got to open them early having been shall we say let go. So on the bright side I now have a bit extra time to paint some figures, maybe even catch Dave up? OK pure fantasy that last part so lets move along.

First up keeping with the alphabetical theme of yesterday.....

Four packs of Essex Miniatures for the Roman Army, these have arrived to possibly included in the batch I am prepping at the moment.

Anyone recognise this building? hint, it's far Project Waterloo and will be released by Leven Miniatures at a future date. I have two to paint up so will get this cleaned up at the same time I do all the others ones I picked up at York.

Tajima 1 Miniatures also arrived (always a fast service from these guys). these are the smallest tuft size they do. Until recently the only colour available was a dark green. The ones on the left are called moss and will fit best with the basing I do. The light green may be a little too light but will still see some action.

So not a bad day at all hobby wise, now I need to make use of the extra time before I hopefully get back into work.

17 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the source of your extra time... on the plus side extra time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything has a silver lining or so you can view it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice loots Ian. Sorry to hear that they've let you go - here's to you finding a new job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck finding a new situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking La Belle Alliance... Shame about the bad news ... Good luck coming out the other side

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bugger mate I am very sorry to hear that about the old job and I hope and wish you all the best in quickly finding a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you to get very soon a new job ... it's a kind of extra-time which is not the best ... Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to here the bad news Ian, I'm sure you'll be back working soon.
    I like the bright green tufts, now with all that spare time, lets see them stuck on some bases!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tough news about the job. Best of luck on the future hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry to hear the news, Ian. I was hoping it would not go that way for you. Really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go well painting and job hunting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tough luck on the job front, Ian. This would be a perfect time to concentrate on the hobby if only a job hunt did not interfere.

    Good hunting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your job situation! Hopefully you'll find something else soon.

    But until then a bit more hobby time then :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. More painting bud.
    Back to gaming next week as well.
    Yaaaaaay

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the nice comments, finally got back behind a brush this evening. Did not really fancy it yesterday but did have a longish prep session so I did get some things done yesterday. Today was all taken up right up to late afternoon so this evening was the earliest I could get behind a brush. Got a good start on the Roman cavalry though

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.