Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Thursday 26 February 2015

Walkers of Rohan

At The World Wargames Show at Castle Donnington last year I picked up a couple of GW plastic Middle Earth figures as I thought they would make good NPC guard types, not realising that they had horse images on the shields.

They cost me just 25p each so would owe me nothing if I did not get round to painting them or if they were never used. They had sat ever after but with so many challenge posts having some form of Middle Earth posting I had the incentive to paint them up. I even have a scenario in mind that they can get used so 50p well spent.

So these will make an appearance at some point in a future roleplaying session before possibly descending to the NPC graveyard. For colours I just followed a few images on line and worked in a bit of my own but overall it's almost a total lift from what I have seen on line. The detail as many of the GW old plastic tend to be, great in parts but soft in others. The scale armour on the left being in the better category and gloves and hair in the not so great. So quite a pleasant diversion from the usual fair for me.

15 comments:

  1. NPC, that is a word I never knew until I met Tim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim is a NPC? I would never have guessed ;-)

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Nice work... you just need a few more now to make an Eored! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Scott, I stop here :-) I have just the number I need for the scenario I have in mind, can't say as the players do snoop

      Ian

      Delete
  3. They are pretty nice figures they should do good service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert, not so sure about the good service (snigger)

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Stefan, looking forward to getting them used

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Great job, very nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Phil,

    I wanted the green to be punchy

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done! You've definitely nailed the typical Rohan green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit whilst I kept an eye towards that green I was more intent on picking a solid green that would stand out

      Ian

      Delete
  8. I like them alot and the bases are incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.