Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 30 December 2015

A Little Reading Top Up

Christmas has been good to me on the reading front too. I have to admit to having picked Incomparable, To War With Wellington and Kursk for Cath but she picked the Iain Gale novels as I am close to finishing the Sharpe books and am almost up to bate with the Uthred books.

The surprise of them all was Death Before Glory, my nephew bought this for ma, it's about the Napoleonic period but covers the British in the West Indies and as such something I know very little about. It looks to be fascinating and will be next up after Incomparable. So well done James  for a star find and it looks to be a very pleasant few months of new books to work through.

12 comments:

  1. Plenty there to inspire a game or two, splendid haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine so, started the Incomparable already

      Ian

      Delete
  2. The Ian Gale books are a good read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection of reading matter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit Gunpowder heavy but that's not a bad thing ;-)

      Ian

      Delete
  4. What, no military quiz books?
    Death before glory sounds interesting, I'll have to google it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiz will be back next week, being back at work has made me a bit quiz shy, I am sure I can find the odd question in them

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Some interesting titles there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I've never heard Ian Gale before. I'll have a look for his stuff at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am a couple of weeks off starting them so we will have to see how gets there first :-)

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.