Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Thursday 24 December 2015

Persian Command Stand

With me playing a little more Hail Caesar recently and the increase in the number of units I decided I really needed another command stand. The other three have served me well for more years than I care to think about.

As such I thought it would be a great first entry in this years Analogue Painting Challenge. Rather than sticking with the other heavily cloaked versions I have gone for a more heavily armoured type given that I have a number of such cavalry units within my collection.

Most feedback from the post for the challenge has been about how bright they are. I guess playing with Loki and Kev is starting to rub off on me. It was not a concious effort nor was I overly perceptive to the end result. Still I like the look of them so may well try the same style before the challenge ends.

The figures are the good old Chariot Miniatures as supplied by Magister Militum, I have another three possible command stands to paint up at some point, two Seleucid and one Macedonian. Only the latter is not Chariot and I also have rather a lot of Greek Hoplites and Persian Heavy Cavalry so you will be seeing more of this supplier over the coming months.

7 comments:

  1. Nice command stand Ian. Persians should be brightly coloured in my opinion :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True the Persians did rather fill the role of dandy

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Well done Ian! AsTamsin already said, Persians got to be brightly coloured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I have a few mounted to do so will have to see what they turn out like

      Ian

      Delete
  3. I thought this was one of the stronger entries thus far. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.