Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Clearing up the Table

I wanted to get my painting table cleared of half painted mini's before the challenge started, not that I tend to have many half painted figures as I normally just paint to completion but I did have a few.

This is another figure for use in roleplaying with the kids but this ones for Cath. Her only instruction at the start was that the inside of the cloak had to be a bright red, well put a tick in that box!

Later Cath mentioned that she now wanted the main colour to be a form of blue which I kind of went for but with grey being the main influence. In the end she rather likes it which is good enough for me. I really liked how the colours came together in the end.

The figure is a Reaper model cast in metal and was a joy to work on. I painted the sword up black as I wanted it to seem like it's magically enhanced so as not to show in the dark. 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin, good job Cath likes him

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Nice work on a very dynamic figure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reaper do rather well with their poses

      Ian

      Delete
  3. I like the Smokey quality of the main cloak colour combines Ned with the black sword it adds to the unobservability of the character even with the red lining which is a touch of genius

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks William, the red lining was very much Cath

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Top work there Ian and a good choice of colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, Cath would have preferred the grey to be the clothes and the blue the cloak but I did it my way ;-)

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.