Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 27 December 2015

Santa Clause 2016 Incoming

I have to say that I am really pleased with my gifts both for Secret Santa and Santa Clause, both excelled this year. Tonight I will post about my Santa Clause painted gift and hopefully tomorrow regarding my Secret Santa. Sorry for the delay but I was back at work Boxing Day till 6pm so was too tired to post yesterday.

Rusty has a four part series (more to be added) regarding the construction and painting of these figures which is great for me as it shows the conversion work he has done. You can find his blog Blackriver Wargames Society here. Not sure how to follow as the blog does not seem to have the typical follow button or follow by email.

As you can see the detail painting is fabulous and even has colour in the eyes! Certainly an upgrade on my painting standard and my Saga army will be lead by these great figures in the future.

The detail is just wonderful, I really like the crisp pattern to the tunic whilst the pointy guy happens to be a little more subtle in decoration but no less impressive.

I also love the detail of the severed head, it's not over the top with the gore and the pale flesh just looks perfect. I can't exaggerate how happy I was to open such a great looking base on Christmas day. So a big thank you to you Rusty.


21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nice one indeed. In fact the more I look at it the more detail I see and the more I like it

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Very nice painting by Rusty - love the ripped cover on the shield :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that as well, took me a moment to see it at first

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Did help add the icing to the Christmas cake :-)

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. But in a good way. The Boy loves that (of course)

      Ian

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful piece, cracking stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had room for a display case..........


      Ian

      Delete
  6. Erk. They're some dodgy looking characters. Splendid brush work though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking vignette, ennemies will be afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice work, Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the pond gets to look mighty narrow via our fun gift sharing

      Ian

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, rather smug here in Notts

      Ian

      Delete
  10. 'bout time I had something to face The Boy's leader ;-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.