Again I had already painted up some of these troops, indeed most of them as I had painted up two packs (16 figs) but based just the 15 as Medium Infantry just use three per base. So out of this unit only another eight figures needed painting.
It was easy to paint up these figures as I just used base colours originally so no colour matching required. Here is the full unit in all it's glory with the new guys as part of the front rank.
The new figures all have the same mold line running down their faces as my original figures from way back. This is a real shame as the figure itself is a nice pose and useful.
I used the new GW wash, Agrax Earthshade which married up to the original well enough.Here you can see it has picked out the detail and the rear rank was done I think with Devlan Mud but could have been AP Strong Tone. It's been a year since I painted up the originals.
So whilst I used two different figures I now have options for both Medium and Heavy, as well as using both for different roles on in the same game. My intention was to paint them up different, both as different figures and colours. It's taken me an age to complete them but happy that I have finally got them off the table.