Last year was a great success for the Secret Santa with everyone who joined in having a right old time of it. I personally was really happy with all my French Artillery and limbers I received and was motivated to put it to the front of the painting queue.
I launched the whole idea a little late but still attracted a reasonable number of participants. Cath has again offered to run the who gets to buy for who part of the SS allowing me to join in again.
I think the rules of last year were good so plan to go along with that again but changed just a bit.
1. To enter you need to either have a blog or be a regular follower of this blog already. This is to give confidence to all involved that everyone will follow through to the end. If you have a blog and don't follow this one it's OK to join in.
2. The present should be around £15 plus postage (best to buy the present actually in the country the receiver lives in so cutting down postage costs)
3. It's OK to have a wish list but it's just as good to buy something you think the person would like. Blog details of your target are given so you can snoop.
4. Whilst it's not essential it really added to Cath's enjoyment when the SS checked in with her to let her know target had incoming.
5. You should pimp the Secret Santa on your blog to hopefully increase the numbers joining in.
6. You should sign up by 15th November so to allow time for picking gifts.
7. Gifts should arrive by 20th December if possible. It's fine to get the supplier to send direct and I would be cheeky and ask them to gift wrap ;-)
8. Item/s should be wargame related though it's OK to throw in something odd if you want to.
Well that's all I can think of at the moment regards rules etc. You have right up to the 15th of November to sign up but I would appreciate some early birds as it makes organising it that much easier. I will need the blog name and an e-mail address for you (plus your real name) if you go to my profile you will get my e-mail details but also mention your interest in the comments section to make sure I catch you.
I look forward to lots of SS fun and will run regular updates.