Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Thursday 25 October 2012

Galatian Heavy Infantry Finished

Well in truth they still need a coat of varnish and have been at this state since Sunday but there you go. These are 15mm Museum Miniatures and are for my Later Seleucid Army. Typical of MM they  combine a shrunken appearance with some nice detail. Some MM can look really crap, other great but most fit into a strange mix. The Standard Bearer and the Musician are great figures though. Anyways they paint up nice though it was a bit of a trial doing each figure different. Just happy I only had 24 figures to paint! Well I also have twelve Galatian cavalry figures to paint but I will ignore that fact for a bit.
 
All 24 dressed for a scrap. These under FoG are Protected, have the choice between Superior or Average and obviously Undrilled. Weapon wise they are Impact Foot, Swordsmen so hope they can pack a bit of a punch.
 
Close up of the front rank. Hope I can get away with 50% of the front rank not carrying shields nor even swords! The pain in these are that they move as slow as a pike block bu being undrilled won't pivot like a well oiled machine. However they are as cheap as chips coming in at 7 or 9 points a base.
 
 
 
Here you can see the slight scrunched up pose of the figures better. Still I am hoping that I will be the only one to see this actual view.

7 comments:

  1. You never disappoint. I do love the diversity in the ranks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking these colors Ian and you've done a fine job on the freehand work on those shields.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jonathan, why thank you. Diversity was important to me, even with the red plumes (?) on the helmets being the same, I wanted the rest to all be different

    @ Anne, Thank you, I'm learning how to do te scrolls now, more pleased though with some of the pattern work on the cloths but harder to see via the shots I have taken. Glad I have done them and the army is crawling closer to completion as well. Soon it will be another pike block LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Ian! A great use of the colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice unit and nice bases too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.