Despite all the set backs and issues of this last week I have managed to paint up the Italian figures to finish off the third set of ASL Sniper Reminders. Now all I need to do is base the lot of them. as always I am using the Casualty Markers from Warbases to give me the sliding numbers, in my case 2-7 but 0-12 is n the dial.
All I need to do now is paint the bases and base green, add the rough ground and then flock. Just a light top up varnish of the whole and then add the tufts and there you are all done. So I expect in the next two days to have them finished and close up shots taken. All the Polish, French and Italian figures are by Blacktree Design and overall are I feel a upgrade on the Artizan and Warlord figures. This said the German and Russian castings I received from them this week don't look quite as good as plain lead. How they look once cleaned up and undercoated could well be better. The Polish and French were fairly slow to paint up as they have a lot of extra equipment all over them whilst the Italians were all painted up in a day as they are very basic. In the background are the painted 28's I showed a few weeks back which are waiting on some custom bases to be made up so I can finish them off. Behind them are some 15mm that are suffering from queue slide, not so much because I don't want to paint them but because I need to paint other things up.
I have been let down again my Maelstrom Games, went over to pick up an order that was put to one side. They can't find it and it's possible they already sold the figures. That is three times I have gone over to collect stock only to find out they don't have it. Not that i stops them taking the money on order. Really they need to sort themselves out with blogworld already up in arms over failure to supply (mostly warehouse move related). This puts a kink in a special base I am trying to build, at least I have the German to go against it ready to start.
However Andy Mc has supplied me the other figures for the trade and I can at least clean these up ready for when he is happy with the colours he wants me to paint them. I have held off over this week in fear of wrecking them through the curse I obviously have brought down on my family ;-)
Once all these are done then I have to decide what next to prep, I think it may well be the buildings that I got at Derby, though the Persian Cavalry and the Bolt Throwers are also trying to gain my attention. In the background I plan to finalise which three new subjects will be up for the Sniper Project and hope to pin Lee down on what the hell he is up to with regards my future painting schedule (Chaos rules!)