Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Monday 25 February 2013

Casualty Of War

Remember I mentioned I had heard that the Sniper Reminder in the Church tower had failed it's Postal Task Check? well this sorry boy turned up a couple of days ago. The paint damage is not as bad as it could have been but what is clear that it still needs to be totally stripped and painted again. 

Worse is the damage to the scope and a few other bits, I will have to see if I get the end of the scope back into a round shape. If not then I will need to buy a replacement figure with all the delays that involves. In case you can't see, the crown of the helmet is down to the lead, a real sorry state. I just hope that when it is stripped the wear does not stand out as much as it does to me right now.

I hate having to strip what was a perfectly OK paint job and I have to accept a lump of the blame, after all it was my pinning that failed. I am just thankful the actual base arrived in one piece (well a few minor glueing of a table onto the trapdoor). 

Well I will be doing that tonight or tomorrow, just not been able to face before today! Actually I have done so very little for the last few days, I had hopped to get a fair amount done today but mostly it's just been prep work. I have about finished another ADC this one is sickeningly bright! I have all the cavalry and dragoons prepared in 15mm and 6mm as well as a foote regiment in 6mm. This will be interesting for me as I am painting both scales as the same units so will be doing them in step. I will be finishing the WSS at the same time as I finish the command strips. 

Actually at this point in time it feels like I am on the edge of a big slope and about drop off and plunge into a few projects that I will enjoy greatly. More so for the reduced table time I have had for the last week. Tomorrow I expect to get quite a bit into the cavalry and by Thursday expect to be working on the basing of the 6mm. Time will tell LOL.

Actually I am at the cusp of a few projects either breaking ground or coming to the end. Exciting stuff really and it's thanks to Curt's Painting Challenge that has got me so far.

6 comments:

  1. Gutted! How incredibly frustrating, especially after all that hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard luck old chap. That must be greatly vexing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hurts. I completely ruined Fran's figure whilst trying to put the arms on. No amount of stripping and repainting will fix that mess. Yeah, I bought a completely different figure in place of it.

    Good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gutted! I can't see any damage on the figure though, is it my eyes????

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ All well it's still waiting cleaning, that may tell you a thing or two.

    @ Ray, the figure damage is not so obvious, the damage to the paint is far clearer, if you can't see it then it is your eyes LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I finally finished this one

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.