Friday, 8 February 2013
Friday Quiz 2
Well last Fridays quiz went down well so as promised here is another, this time we step forward to 1600 to 1914.
1. Who was von Seydlitz?
2. Who had overall command of the relief force during the attempt to reach Gordon at Khartoum?
3. Which action of the ACW was known as the Battle Above The Clouds?
4. Who was mastermind behind the Union's naval blockade of Southern ports known as the Anaconda Plan?
5. What society did the Chinese Boxers belong to?
6. Who said In siege warfare, as in the open field, it is the gun which plays the chief part...It is with Artillery that war is made?
7. What type of troops were Sudanese jihadiyya?
OK around this time tomorrow I will post the answers, no real pressure on you guys as I got just the one right, oh well.
Now it's back to my Hussars, won't get them finished today but high hopes for tomorrow.