Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Thursday 28 February 2013

Sand and Coffee?



Believe me you would not be impressed if I served you this for a drink! As mentioned in Static In Your Attic, I want to match up the basing of my Prussians with Lee's British for when we plan to play the big Waterloo game in 2015 over at Lee's house. Lee had already provided for the mix of his static grass which has matched up to his perfectly. 

He went one better yesterday bringing wound a box of sharps sand from the mix he is using for his figures and a 5L tub of bitter chocolate wall paint for me to decanter into said coffee jar. So all I was missing was the MP paints Sand and Cream which I picked up today from Mansfield. Well I have had to sub the cream for another colour but it all means I should be able to start the Prussians early next week. 

I failed to do much in the way of painting today as going shopping often is a bit much for me and today was no exception (I blame the wife for taking me shoe shopping) so I ended up with a crap head and a need for a sleep which I have just got up from. Only painting progress has been the sleeves on some ECW cavalry. I will do a bit more in a bit if the head stays clear but not a lot. So much for basing them today LOL.

I have some old Napoleonic 6mm on e-bay at the moment, hopefully these will help fund the extension of the Prussians, I am trying to sub out the old Irregular Prussians with a mix of Baccus and Adler. I have 12 line units worth just waiting to be assigned painting sticks, this is a job for this weekend but first I want those ECW to be about done. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of sand there Ian, should last a looong time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a lot of sand. Pretty neat though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you don't have a cat! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.