Started to get the materials together for basing my Prussians and a few other projects. I really want to get the Prussians started before February ends so I start ahead of the schedule I have drawn up. Given that I won't get any reinforcements to the twelve bases worth I already have until the 18th of March it's not a bad idea. Not that the schedule is too demanding.
Lee supplied his recipe for the static grass he uses on his bases, this was key as I want my Prussians to blend in with his British, Dutch etc. Lee mixes two parts winter grass with one part summer. As you can see from above the summer green is quite bright whilst the winter is very dark. I had to admit on opening the parcel I was underwhelmed with the size of the bags especially the summer bag. These are 10g and 25g bags.
Here we have them mixed together, the look is much better that I expected. I used all 25g of the brown and the look is fine. According to Lee the supplier does not matter and indeed improves the mix as you gather slightly different hues. I also did not have to worry about the quantity as once out of the bag and mixed together the flock seemed to increase in mass. I'm rather happy with the colour and quantity. The supplier in this case was War World Scenics, ordered via E-Bay and supplied the following day so top marks for speed though the postal charge was a fair bit higher than the cost to send.
I could not post on the blog yesterday as I spent the whole day playing ASL with my Nephew. We got in a game on a historical map that I won with a little time to spare and a playtest that I scrapped a win in the last turn. James play has come on a lot, especially in the last year, he takes less gambles and plays a strong game.