Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Monday 18 March 2013

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to Me!



Ah joy of joy's it's that day again. Seems to come round just about once a year if I have worked it out correctly. Most years have seen ASL get the lions share of the stash but this year only one item could be tentatively linked to the game of games. This being Tarawa: A Hell of a Way to Die, recommended to me in relation to a blog post of mine. I've just had time for a brief flick through so far but look forward to immersing myself in this at some point.

1812 was reviewed on another blog (sorry I can't remember who rated this) but looking forward to coming to grips with it. Sticking with the Napoleonic theme I have lots of Caramac, er I mean Adler Prussians and yes I do mean a lot supplied by Gran, Mum and Sister. These will keep me busy till Triples though that won't stop me ordering the new Baccus French way before then, well as soon as they are available which may or may not be in just two weeks.

My Nephew and Niece got me the mug, not sure what they are trying to say. I will use this mug next time I am crushing my Nephew at ASL just to make a point.

My wife though gave me exactly what I wanted, the gift of time. Because she is such a star I have spent most of today at the painting desk and will do the same tomorrow, just so I can get my last entry into the challenge which should tip the 2000 point target I set when I knew I would make my original total. Anyway got to dash, it's really difficult sucking trifle through a straw and painting at the same time but I WILL get the hang of it.

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday mate. Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday and enjoy the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, and that's a great haul to keep you going! (and Caramac to fuel the painting! ;p)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ian!!! A very nice haul and Caramac as well you lucky devil you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday mate, that's a nice hobby haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Happy Returns my good man, fabulous looking haul you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday mate! I'm hoping your good lady has doused that trifle very liberally with sherry so that the hangover prevents you from submitting that final entry and beating me! (nah, seriously - go for it!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a good one. Got that 1812 book, you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to you all, as for the trifle all was going well till I hit the fruit. Got stuck for a bit but when it came through it knocked me off my chair ;-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.