Right I will from here on in be picking the questions rather than going with a set, so I hope these will be somewhat easier than they have been. 1-2 will be Ancient to 1600, 3-4 will be Early modern 1600-1914, 5-6 will be 1914 onwards and 7 will be a question I come up with. Hopefully making this a tad more fun than the last couple.
1. How would Romans have used a tortoise.
2. What does the term janissary mean?
3. Who was the first commander of the New Model Army?
4. Which Napoleonic marshal sat on the touch-hole of an Austrian cannon to prevent the destruction of the Danube bridge at Spitz in 1805?
5. What was a Big Wing?
6. What kind of warship is the Kiev?
7. Which Nations troops were first to suffer the gesture of having two fingers raised at them as an insult?
Well I hope this one appeals to you guys and gels