|This is not the monitor in question five but it is at Hampton Roads.|
Again I will post answers on Sunday, so how will you do?
1. Which Confederate commander was dubbed the "King of Spades"?
2. Who led the relief force to Kandahar in the Afghan War of 1879-80?
3. Where did Thornhill's Rough's (also known as the Carving Knife Brigade) gain fame?
4. Where did Napoleon first employ his lozenge attacking formation?
5. Which ironclad monitor was sunk at the battle of Hampton Roads?
6. Who said The object of artillery should not consist of killing men on the whole of the enemy's front, but to overthrow it, to destroy parts of this front... then they obtain decisive results; they make a gap?
7. Who, in 1902 said We are a bloody cheerful-looking lot of British subjects?
Well I scored a big fat zero after passing over what would have been my only correct answer. Oh well, hope you guys do better.