I've finally got round to paying the fee to enter the Challenge for this year. I've had the figure since about two weeks into the Challenge but waited till had the urge to paint it up. I have to admit that I copied the overall theme from the web site selling the figure but the pattern on that figure was kind of no how so went with a fairly simple design but tried to replicate throughout. Not too ashamed of the end result though some of the other Samurai I have seen makes it look like I used crayons!
The figure is more like a true 25mm than 28mm though it should fit in with the others Curt will be receiving. At this point I did not have the sand and paint's for basing so went with the ballast I bought for the Deluxe Snipers a month or so back.
This is my first attempt with static grass and I quite like the result though I had another go yesterday and like the result a lot more with sand and warmer paint colours for the ground.
Cath was not at all impressed with the Pampas Grass saying it added nothing to the figure so on sending images to Curt asked him if he wanted to keep or have removed the long grass stating Cath's opinion. Being a gentleman he wanted to keep it as shown. Of course this does not mean Cath was wrong, but I do prefer the added detail if only because that hand sticking out just needed a thumb adding to make like he is hitching for a lift!