Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 8 December 2013

Gothridge Manor ChristmasPresent



I received a few packages yesterday and as I am a little edgy with Christmas getting closer and not wanting to spoil the surprise of my Secret Santa or Santa Clause everything comes to me via Cath. 

Turns out the wife was ahead of me on this having been in on the act of getting this gift to me without my knowledge. Seems The Happy Whisk and The Angry Lurker had all been involved in the cunning plan.

Tim the man behind the great blog Gothridge Manor has sent me copies of each of his excellent The Manor, his one shot adventure Knowledge Illuminates as well as his two shorts, the Mini Manor and Where is Margesh Blackblood? I already have all five Manors and Knowledge Illuminates as I had either bought them or Tim had already gifted the PDF's to me. I was quite happy with the PDF's but having the real deal in my hands really is a massive upgrade and I am very happy to have received these. As for the two mini books, well The Mini Manor will give me a few more ideas for things to be inserted into my campaign whilst Where is Margesh Blackblood is a must to insert into the campaign at some point as I really like the idea and the way it is presented. Indeed I like how Tim thinks (Not sure I would like to live next door LOL). I have already used bits from a number of his work, a mix of colour encounters or happenings and two mini adventures that fitted in perfectly to the start of my campaign with plenty of other possibilities to add in future sessions with little tweaks to change to my setting.

Anyone who runs a fantasy roleplaying campaign really should grab some or all of these items as Tim is the man when it comes to adventure hooks and chance encounters. Knowledge Illuminates is not the best first item buy because if the adventure does not fit your world it's limited in it's use, though you would still get something from it.

On the other hand any of The Manor's will be a feast of ideas and opportunities. The Manor issue 5 has just come out so I now have to wait impatiently for my next fix.

So thanks Tim for the great gift, I am reading and re-reading all the great material and looking how to fit it into future games best.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds nifty, I'll have to follow up on the manor.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ian, really glad you liked them. We Steeler fans need to stick together in these times of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Andrew, indeed and your welcome ;-)

    @ FMB, Please do, I would be surprised if you don't like it

    @ Tim, I did indeed and yesterdays game was painful. How much of an advantage did we need against a warm weather team? At least one bad year is something of a novelty for us (I hope)

    @ Fran, don't tell folk, your image is in danger ;-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked your gift. Lurker and your wife were a big help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was and still am very chuffed with it. Brings a smile to my face every time I think of them or pick them up for a gander.

      Cath has been rather smug since. However I have heard you was quite the detective

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.