Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Saturday 4 January 2014

Building of the Week - Leven Miniatures Large Town House

Last week did not see a building of the week as I was really caught up with painting up a boat load of French for Project Waterloo and did not have the space or time on the table to fit in even such a quick project as this. Many of you will recognise this building as I have already painted it once though much better maintained than this poor devil. Another Leven Miniatures MED06 Medival House £2.50 which is destined first for Quatre Bras, then Waterloo and finally my town. Actually if we end up basing the buildings which is possible the that order may be changed.

Not much effort is required to change the look of this building from well maintained to run down, below is a picture of the first one of these delightful buildings that I painted up.

I have quite a few more of the medieval range buildings to paint up to use for the two Napoleonic projects and will mix these in with more of the German buildings as well.

Due to the numbers needed I will be painting some up in batches, obviously I will want some to look very similar to each other as well as having some looking rather different. The majority will be more run down and will become the old quarter and will be set on a larger tile so as to have them closer together with winding streets, indeed I plan to do a number of larger tiles to allow my town to be more European and less Milton Keynes.

All the buildings shown above are already earmarked for Quatre Bras though I have a few more already painted that may be used. On top of this I have fourteen buildings already prepped that will be painted up and inserted plus more awaiting prepping.I will start to keep count on the number of buildings I paint this year, I am sure that's going to be more than 52 ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, great looking building...and village!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's, Looking forward to taking them over to lee's next week and seeing what they look like on the boards.

      Ian

      Delete
  2. This really does look like a fun hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun with the right people. I am fortunate to have those types for opponents. Every game has laughs attached which is no bad thing

      Ian

      Delete
    2. Tim games on Monday nights, but because of location, they all have to meet up online. Lots of laughs for them as well, and that is a wonderful thing. Good stress reliever, as well.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.