At last something that is not even remotely linked to wargames or war. This bust is supplied by The Wonder Emporium UK I went for the 75mm tall one and would have loved to have gone for the larger one.
Sunday, 11 April 2021
Tuesday, 6 April 2021
With most of my painting time now used for none wargaming projects it was nice to take a step back into an old project and paint up some more Prussians for my 100 Days Prussian Army. I say 100 Days as these did not even show up at Waterloo as I have all those already painted.
Thursday, 1 April 2021
Thursday, 11 March 2021
I have had little exposure to 3D printed figures up to this point so was not quite sure what I was agreeing to, possibly a good job. These are unfortunately one piece prints so was quite cumbersome and created a few challenges when it came to painting some areas part blocked by arm's swords or staffs etc etc etc.
Sunday, 7 March 2021
Mitches Military Models and is a new release. He has not been added to the website as yet so if interested you may have to contact him via the contact me button. It's a one piece casting which makes it a lot easier to work with than many a bust.
Still struggling to get leather right, still a long way to go before I am really happy with it. The texture to the helmet makes it look more metal and I used oils to grime it up a little.
Thursday, 18 February 2021
A couple of first's, first 75mm figure and first battalions for my 6mm French Napoleonic's for a couple of years. It was great to get back to painting some of my 6mm Napoleonic's especially as I was working on Old Guard in both scales.
Sunday, 14 February 2021
My first 1/35 scale diorama came together rather quickly in the end. As always with something like this I learnt quite a bit as I went on.
Thursday, 21 January 2021
Current project before going back to painting my next bust is a WWII 1/35 scale diorama depicting three German prisoners being escorted through a small French town towards a Bren Carrier. This is the first 1/35 scale vehicle I have ever built and painted so I wanted something fairly simple.