Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Saturday 29 March 2014

Building of the Week Triple Points

I actually thought I would end up with more done if truth be known as all three of this weeks output were well on the way but three nights away from the painting desk leaves you with a bit of catching up not that it took that much effort to finish.

All three buildings have already graced the table and blog more than once but as I will be needing a lot more buildings for Project Waterloo expect to see even more over the next twelve months as some of them are perfect for use in the large villages and maybe even some of the farms.

First up we have MED06 Large Medieval Town House £2.50 from Leven Miniatures here I have painted it up rather dingy, the one featuring on the Leven website is rather cleaner looking. Long term this building will end up in my slum part of my wargames town where it will finally end up post the Waterloo Project. 

I went with wooden tiles rather than slates, these look far less shiny in real life and less of a match to the walls of the building. As I have said before this is a great building that can be slotted into most games from Medieval through Napoleonic. Quick to paint up and solid in detail, it's a reasonable size and well worth the price tag.

Also from the Leven Medieval range is MED03 Medieval House A which has a third story, though it's in the loft so it's a matter of a couple of MM taller than the previous building and also costs £2.50 I think this building actually took longer to paint up as the wood frame is more involved adding time to paint these up.

Still it did not take that long and I really like this one and House B as they have plenty of character, more so than the Large House above. Problem is that it costs the same price as the first house which whilst not bad value still leaves me head scratching given that it's very close to half the weight of the large house. Please understand though it will not and has not stopped me ordering more of both the House A and B to supplement the Large Town House. Indeed I have three more already prepped along with one more large town house so no way am I put off.

I've already also painted up two each of the FAC01 Fachwerkhaus Type A (again £2.50 each) so this is the third one and will be used mostly in battles in Germany and Austria, though outside contracts will be taken ;-)

This one has softer coloured wood than the others but I want them to not look like carbon copies and these take quite a bit longer than the other two buildings which you can see from the complex wood work. I really like them but they can be a bit of a pain to paint which I have to ignore as I have eight more of the two versions left to paint as it stands.

Here they are all together to give you an idea of their respective sizes the Fachwerkhaus Type B is actually bigger still and is a real bargain at £2.50 and can be found here

So I am slowly clawing back the weeks of no production and hope to still make 100 buildings in the year, I have lots to do to make the target though.

8 comments:

  1. I can see these being made into gingerbread houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these building a lot and it is good to see the buildings are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, if you look back a couple of posts you should see something else you like ;-)

      Ian

      Delete
  3. They look great.. Can we have a shot with some lads next them for comparison?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave

      sure thing, once I have the French I am working on I will include a picture though we have a game on at the moment so you might see the comparison in the AAR I will be starting soon

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Very nice buildings Ian! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the next buildings are all brand new so no repeats

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.