Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Spring Blog Con, The Loot and the Dudes

It's the people that make Blog-Con, not that a good venue doesn't add to the experience but whilst venue and games add to the whole it's the people that keep us coming back for more. Dave D was great, steering us through chaos, Sydney added another layer of fun that kept us all entertained. Our Oldhammer mates are just that. Eight months ago I would have had a different view of Oldhammer but seeing the guys play both games (Nottingham and York) I have a growing respect and feeling of comradeship towards them.

EVERYONE just gelled together and the whole day was one of joy and other than Ray not a bad word was said about anyone (just kidding Ray,we bad mouthed another guy)  ;-)

It was a shame I was not up to staying for the Curry Evening, the southern one looks to e a stay over (I have the dog kennel of one of the Oldhammer freaks guys so am sorted LOL).


It really started well for me as Loki gave me my prize from his last giveaway (he is having another you know) but being the top guy he is he also gave me a bonus book, a historical novel to read between the Sharpe's I am also reading at the moment. I just need to finish the last Wheel of Time book then I am all over these! I don't think I was as forward in my thanks as I really should have been so thanks Andrew I really am looking forward to both of these, the Howard book more for the unexpectedness of it.

So the end of my Blog-Con trilogy and a big thanks to all the guys, you all made my day, especially Lee for being the great mate he has been over the last three years. The two where I was skint and too often short tempered through fatigue or pain. He was generous in time and lifts so it was great to be the driver for a trip that was not just round the corner. I have to admit that two of my oldest opponents still remain favourites to play against so Lee and Matt cheers mates and here's to another 30 plus years of being little kids and laughing at not juts each others misfortune on the table but our own!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I came over all unnecessary LOL

      Ian

      Delete
  2. You are not wrong there.. There was a real cameraderie around the table. So I am looking forward to BC3!

    Nice loot by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything about the day was great, looking forward to 3 as well

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Definitely well said.

    I bought "A Memory of Light" a couple of months ago, but decided to re-read the whole series before opening it. Just about to finish "The Path of Daggers", so just 5 more re-reads to go, then the big finale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried the last book would suffer from Sanderson having to finish the job but with 150 ish pages to go I am very impressed. Racing to the end and not wanting to get there

      Ian

      Delete
  4. A great day out and gifts - what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could answer but may get a kicking if I do LOL

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Thanks for making us so welcome, roll on the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You was one of us, no need to make you feel welcome. It's actually one of the better things of this event. One day it will be quite large, just hope the spirit of the now remains throughout.

      Ian

      Delete
  6. Sure will see you at Triples, can't wait

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. A prize and a bonus book. That's pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the whole day was one of great fun and better company

      Ian

      Delete
    2. That is very cool. Tim doesn't get to game
      in person as much as he used to. But
      they do game Monday nights online.

      Cheers and boogie boogie.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.