Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Saturday 11 April 2015

Brought to Account

It's been some time now since I blogged the total for my 6mm unpainted collection. Even though I have had the results ready I have hesitated to give thought to the warnings, well wises and various death threats if I was to continue with this folly. But I could not be swayed, indeed I challenge you the reader to do so too! Only kidding, it's to likely to cause the odd heart attack.

15mm
ANCIENTS
It's fitting that I start with my Ancients collection of bare metal, not only has it had the most time spent on it of late but it's the period that's had the most play of late.

Macedonian Command: nine figures, these need more Lance armed cavalry figures adding to them as Hail Caesar allows for a lot more units and I am short of cavalry  in this option.

Pike: eighty nine figures, I also have 23 figures painted and unbased so enough for another three and a half blocks so eight blocks worth which will keep me going.

Hoplites: Twenty Four figures  so one and a half blocks, I am using my Egyptian Hoplites from way back (sixth edition WRG) to bolster my Greek Hoplites so these will make a nice addition to the Greeks. I can see a fair few more Greeks adding to the collection.

Peltasts: eight figures, just enough for one more unit. I do have quite a few peltast units painted up so not sure I really have to worry about painting these.

Greek Medium Cavalry with shield and spear: twelve figures for a full unit. Will get these painted up but are not high on the list as most of the other cavalry would get more use whilst these are just option troops.

Gallic Cavalry: twelve figures, again a whole unit and these do need to be got done soon for one of my Alexandrian options.

Cataphracts: Twenty, these were part of the Seleucid army Martin gave me four years ago but they are not great figures. I don't know who made them but the horses are VERY thin. A quick paint job and E-Bay me thinks.

Persian Bow: eight figures, these are excess to my normal light infantry options but could be added to the Levy infantry I need to rebase so will get painted up at some point.

Genetic Bow: 49 figures, these will make great Levy archer units so may move up the queue some. I would get another four units so not a bad possibility for my Persians.


ECW
ECW in 15mm was the first army I started with and I only have the figures to paint up one regiment of foot a couple of mounted officers and three limbers. Not very high on my to do list.

FANTASY
An army I was given again by Martin and forgotten about until looking for all the figures that are unpainted.
Goblins: Thirty Eight.
Goblin Bolt Shooter: One.
Orcs: One Hundred.
Warg Riders: Five.
Warg Chariot: One.
Dragon and Rider: One.
Dinosaur or giant lizard?: One.

Will be looking to off load this lot in a trade, so open to offers. The Goblins are nice looking figures whilst the Orcs are a little rough though serviceable.

20mm
ANCIENTS
For Hail Caesar over at Kev's I have bought three boxes of Gaul's and have started some test figures.

Gallic War Bands: One Hundred and Eight figures. I hope to get a few units of these across the table over the coming weeks or so.
Gallic Cavalry: Six figures, or enough for one unit and a command stand, again these will need to be started soon.

WWII
I started back on this journey again for use at Kev's but these look to be used against Lee as well as he is building a German force.

Russians: Forty Eight infantry, I don't really need the majority of these figures as I have plenty of rifle and SMG figures but could do with more support such as medium and heavy MG's and Mortars. This means these may not get painted and I buy the extra support.

American Paratroops: Seventy Five SHQ figures with a few mortars and MG's. These I bought years ago and I have no plan to paint so these need adding to my trade list so again offers if your interested.

28mm
FANTASY
Trolorc's or Beastmen: Ten more figures to paint, that will really challenge the players. They are all prepped just need to get onto the table.

Old School Orcs and Goblins: Ten, including just one Goblin. I don't see these getting painted either, much prefer the new style to the old.

Dwarf: Three of the bleeders, at least one will get painted up.

Humans: Thirteen blokes and one women, these will find their way through the pile when I need them but no rush at present.

Elves: Six of these and again they will find their way into the queue when I need them.


WWII
Russian: Twelve figures I really need to get painted up and paired up with the winter Germans I have painted as Sniper Reminders.

Polish/French/Italian: Six of each all waiting for doping for Sniper Reminders.

Partizan's Eleven as the other WWII

DARK AGES
Viking: One Hundred and Fifteen infantry. These will be used by me and my son for our SAGA armies and other rule sets though some of the ones I got in trade for painting will be painted and sold on.

OLD WEST
Cowboys: I have eight each of mounted and dismounted cowboys, these are Foundry and I have to get round to painting them soon, will add a lot of interest to the games, but then again I need to paint up the buildings as well.

32mm
ARENA REX
Gladiators: Eleven Figures. Why the dice image? It's the only part of the whole Kickstarter I have actually used so far! The figures though will be started soon, it's a project of pleasure as I will be trying to stretch my skills with these, playing is at the moment secondary though I hope it will prove to be a good buy rather than good bye.

4 comments:

  1. Nope, nope, nope. I am most definitely not going to follow your lead and work out the contents of my lead mountain. If I want to be scared and horrified, I'll find a suitably schlocky horror flick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given your rate of painting I would have thought your cupboards would be rather bare :-)

      Ian

      Delete
  2. The fact that your unpainted lead pile is countable suggests you haven't enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan, that is inspiring, I think though that over the next year or so the lead pile will shrink at a reasonable rate as I can keep track of what I have and hopefully lead will not fall into the forgotten realm of leadlessness.

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.