Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Tuesday 15 December 2015

A Little D&D Post

Seems like forever since I last posted any finishes. Well a mix of lots of work, prepping for the coming challenge and painting up a group of figures for my Santa Clause present has left me a bit short of things to post.

At least I will get to post images of the Santa Clause post Christmas. Fortunately I have found time to paint this figure up for my daughter who plays a Magic Used in a D&D campaign I am running for the kids.

It's a Reaper Miniatures plastic Bones figure that my daughter choose way back when we visited Spirit Games who have a truly excellent range of wargames and boardgames products.

My daughter picked blue hair but left most of the rest to me own imagination. Some of the details really crisp such as the hair and skirt whilst other details is rather thin.

I wanted to go bold for colours, what else could I do with blue hair LOL. Most of the colours are shaded rather than using ink, the spear was an exception, mostly as I was not 100% what is supposed to be wrapped around the pointy end!

Anyways, she likes it so that's the most important part and it was a fun diversion between prepping and the high detail of the other figures I have been working on. I hope to get a couple more fantasy figures finished before the Painting Challenge begins and I doubt I will be doing any more prep before the 20th so most of my time at the table will be finishing off part painted bits and bobs.

6 comments:

  1. I painted the same minatures a few months ago. I realy liked her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of character as many of the Reaper figures have

      Ian

      Delete
  2. She is rather splendid Ian, bravo Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, working on a brazen thief and saintly cleric at the moment

      Ian

      Delete
  3. I love the hair. I knew a girl in grad school who had hair like that.
    Reaper Bones figures paint up quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am waiting for my daughter to make that jump and ask for blue hair lol. I have a few Bones figures and am rather fetched by them

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.